The Q&A Archives: lawn cae

Question: I put down scott's turf builder with weed control a month ago. however it did not get rid of the clover in my lawn. Is there something I can put now now to kid it and when would i put insect control and grass sed now after that?

Answer: There are very few herbicides that are effective against clover so don't blame your maintenance schedule for failing to control it. The best solution is to hand dig the plants as soon as they begin to appear and before they can flower and set seeds. Or, you can use Ortho's Clover and chickweed control, according to label directions. There's a waiting period before you can seed your lawn, and grasses sprout best in the fall, so why not wait until then to overseed? Good luck with your lawn!