The Q&A Archives: kind of climbing plant

Question: I have a tree on my front yard and would like a suggetion on what kind of climbing plant to get. It gets a lot of sun & it will be nice to add a plant that adheres to it. Any suggestion? thanks a lot.

Answer: If it is a sunny area, how about a climbing rose? William Baffin is the hardiest repeat-blooming climber available for northern gardeners and the flower color is pink. These vibrant semi-double, deep pink flowers with showy golden stamens are held in huge clusters on stiff stems. The slightly fragrant flower bloom all summer long. It can be used as a tall hedge or a robust climber. The hardiest of climbers, it can be left unprotected throughout winter. Highly disease resistant. Or, Rosa John Davis. These bright pink semi-double flowers have a light, spicy fragrance and are displayed in clusters. Blooms profusely from June until frost. A strongly arching shrub shrub which can be trained as a climber or pillar rose. Disease resistant and extremely hardy. Hope these suggestions are helpful.