The Q&A Archives: yard problem question

Question: I have a natural spring on my land and crayfish live in the water. The crayfish have made holes in my yard and it is very swampy there. Is there a way I can fix this so my children can play out there, or what can I plant in that area. I live in the Northern part of WV.

Answer: I don't know whether you can install a curtain drain to keep the excessive moisture out of your yard or not. It's hard to make a suggestion without seeing the area. How about contacting your local cooperative extension office for advice? Contact Bill Shockey, Extension Agent and Extension Associate Professor, WVU Preston County Extension Office, 115 West Court Street, Kingwood, WV 26537-1192, (304) 329-1391. I'm sure he can make suggestions.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "Coreopsis"