The Q&A Archives: house plant

Question: we have a house plant that is 10 yrs old. its wilted, some leaves are yellow and the steams are week. my husband love this because its been with him for so there a way that we can save it.why is it doing this? the plant is in the pot with one of those tomato cage.thanks noy

Answer: Without knowing what type of plant it is, I can't really suggest any care or control of the problem. All houseplants have specific growing requirements. Yellowing leaves and collapsing stems usually mean overwatering or root rot. You might want to transplant your houseplant into a fresh potting soil. While you have it unpotted, check the roots. If they are mushy, cut off the diseased parts. I hope you can save your houseplant!