The Q&A Archives: No flowers on any (4) peach trees.

Question: Hello and thank you for your time! Our 4 peach trees are ten and seven years old and always produce delicious fruit. It was surprising when the trees had no flowering buds this spring, thus, no fruit. It is not because of pruning or light, so wondering what the problem could be.

Answer: Since the trees have been healthy in the past and there are no changes in their care or growth rate, I'll bet a late frost nipped the flower buds before they had a chance to open. This sometimes happens and I know it is disappointing but the good news is that your trees are storing lots of strength for next year's crop. Just look forward to next year and I'll bet your trees will bloom profusely and bear a terrific crop. Enjoy!