The Q&A Archives: herbs and veg in container

Question: I am trying to use containers half wine vats I have searched. I would like to plant a variety of herbs in one container.are containers to small. I have been searching for hours

Answer: You didn't specify what you are searching for so I'm not sure I can help. Half whiskey or half wine barrels are usually available in garden centers and they make terrific containers for plants. Instead of filling them completely with potting soil you will want to place something in the bottom half of the barrel to take up space. I use plastic bags filled with styrofoam peanuts or empty one gallon milk containers, lids on. Once they are in the bottom of the container, pour in some potting soil and plant your plants. Choose a variety of plants - some upright, some sprawling (to cascade over the sides) and some spreading plants. Keep everything well watered and your container garden will be spectacular! Enjoy!