The Q&A Archives: wilted watermelons

Question: my watermelons were very pritty one day and the next day it looked like somethig just churned them up and were wilted. this has been a few days ago. today they looks a little better but not like they were. we have had rain and i have kept them poisoned with 10% seven dust. what could be wrong and what can i do? thanks Betty

Answer: If the plants are perking up and beginning to look better I suspect that the rainstorm also brought some wind with it. When the leaves got wet they got heavy and when the winds came up, the vines were tossed around. Probably enough to damage them. But now that they are beginning to recover, they should be okay. There's not much you can do about the weather so I hope the worst is over and you get a good harvest. Best wishes with your melons.