The Q&A Archives: my mix salad bed

Question: I had a rich mixed veriaty of salad bed. some I started from burpee seeds, some baby plants are from my friend who plants her salad for over 10 years, and some are from a local college plant sale. I plant them in the middle of may and I check them very often. about 3 weeks ago, I was so busy and didn't have time to check on them everyday, I remember I water them on sunday and it was a cool week so

Answer: I'm afraid your question wasn't complete so I can't really answer it for you. Leaf lettuces grow best in the cooler weather (I'm sure your friend has told you that). You can harvest lettuce leaves by pulling them off the outer part of the plant and this will keep your lettuces growing but you will still be able to have a nice salad. If you have more questions, be sure to submit them. Good luck with your lettuces.