The Q&A Archives: what is a plate compactor

Question: i see that name in your diy project of laying a garden path, but when i did a search to find one and possibly buy it, you have no results.

Answer: I think you will want to rent one rather than buy one. A plate compactor is also called a soil compactor or a mechanical rammer. They retail for about $900. Soil compactors stabilize soil by compressing, kneading, or vibrating it to remove air pockets and increase density. You should be able to rent one for your project. (For more information do a web search for "soil compactors". Good luck with your project.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Southern Comfort"