The Q&A Archives: yellow leaves

Question: I have 2 loquats they get yellows leave very often as well as my oleanders is that mean not enougth water to much water or something else.?
thankn you

Answer: Developing occasional yellow leaves which drop from the plant are normal for oleanders and loquats. These plants are continually renewing themselves and tend to drop the older leaves in favor of developing healthy new leaves. There's nothing to be concerned about, unless whole branches or whole sides are yellowing. That would indicate a root stress - usually underwatering. To make sure your plants are getting the moisture they need, water deeply twice each week during the hottest summer months and once each week in the spring and fall months. Best wishes with your garden.