The Q&A Archives: Plant indentificaton

Question: I would like to identify a shrub at a house we are tearing down in the city of Ringgold. I think it is different than any I am familiar with & would like to keep it but don't know if I can root it or dig it up. It grows a little like a crap myrtle in that several stalks come from the base. The leaves are oblong. The flower pod is round & hard before it blooms. The bloom is a dark orange with delicate pedals and looks similar to a small carnation. I think it is over 20 years old. It has been there as long as I can remember. Can I send pitures?

Answer: I can't tell from your description what the plant might be and we are unable to accept photo attachments through this forum. If you can post the photos on a website and send us a link to the address we can access the photos. Flickr, MSN, You Tube and other websites are good choices. Look forward to seeing the photos.