The Q&A Archives: Yellow Chile Peppers

Question: I really like the 'yellow chile peppers' canned by Del Monte (and other companies). These are not bannana peppers or wax peppers as far as I know (but I could be wrong?). What variety of pepper are they? They are yellow and tapered and about 1 1/2" long. Would really like to know because I would like to plant the variety so that I can plant my own! Also, if you know of a recipe for pickling them like they are bought in the store, please let me know!

Answer: Sounds like you're really into peppers! There's a terrific catalog that not only describes the hundreds of peppers they have seed for, but also presents information on drying and pickling peppers. Contact The Pepper Gal, P. O. Box 23006, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33307-3006 Phone (954) 537-5540 and ask for a copy of their latest catalog.