The Q&A Archives: Lantana not thriving

Question: I planted 2 lantana bushes in early June, neither of them seen to be growing, and no flowers. I water every other day, and use Miracle Gro aboiut once a week. Sometimes the branches feel pliable and healthy, sometimes they break between my!

Answer: Lantana is quite drought tolerant so you may be overwatering your plants. Try watering deeply every 3-4 days during the summer months. Lantana typically flowers non-stop from July through August - it loves hot weather - and I've found that pruning it back will encourage lots of healthy new growth and lots of flowers. So, prune yours back now and water deeply every 3-4 days. Hold off on the fertilizer and I think you'll see an improvement in your plants. Enjoy!