The Q&A Archives: mini rose bushes

Question: I recieved 2 potted mini rose bushes from a florist for Mother's Day. They have been kept inside in sunny window inside. How do I transition to planting outside ?

Answer: Since the light outdoors is more intense than indoors, even in a sunny window, gradually acclimate your mini roses to life outdoors by first setting them in a shady spot for a few days, then moving them to a site where they will get only an hour or two of morning sun. In a few days move them to a place where they will get full morning sunshine. Then set them in the sunny site you have all picked out for them. The whole process should only take about a week. Be sure to check for water needs. They may need to be watered more frequently when they are outdoors than they did indoors. Good luck with your roses.