The Q&A Archives: success with tomatoes

Question: Recently I wrote about
succesfully growing tomatoes and other vegetables and this difficult Florida soil (I'm new here). You sent
me excellent advice on soil, insects, watering, etc. but I have misplaced it. Would you please send me another?
Thank you

Answer: Here's a publication from the University of Florida Extension Service that I know you will find helpful: It addresses soils, planting dates, and even the best varieties to grow in Florida. After reading this you'll discover that you don't need to grow in containers - you can amend your soil with organic matter to help improve it. And, growing seasons are different in Florida than they are in New York. Once you have a better understanding of what and when to plant, and how to prepare your garden bed, I think you will be successful with your organic vegetable garden. Best wishes in your new home and with your new garden!