The Q&A Archives: Extension Offices

Question: I have what I believe to be a crabgrass problem in my lawn. However, before I practice any advice I've read, I would like to confirm that it is indeed crabgrass, or whether it is something else. Is there an NGA extension in Utah?

Answer: You're wise, indeed, to get a confirmation before treating your lawn problem. Each state has a Land Grant University, and each university has County Extension offices. The local experts in your area are Larry Sagers and Wade Bitner. Reach them at Utah State University Cooperative Extension, 2001 S. State St. S-1200, Salt Lake City 84190. Phone (801) 468-3183. If you can visit the office, take a sample of turf with you.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "sunset on summer"