The Q&A Archives: Soil amendments

Question: My soil seems overall depleted in nitrogen and phosphorus, but surplus potash. What is best to add?

Answer: If you've had your soil tested and the results indicate a need for nitrogen and phosphorous, you can simply use a ferilizer with N and P, but no K. You can use a 10-10-0, for instance. Or, you can use organic sources of these elements. Compost or aged manure are good sources of nitrogen for your soil; bonemeal is a good source of phosphorous. Best wishes with your garden.

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Moss on a log"