The Q&A Archives: Daisies

Question: I bought a few Daisies at Homedepot about 4 months was beautiful than, lately the leaves look wilted and did not bare flower. I have been watering, and weekly putting plant food. Still the same. For your information when I dug the soil I found out the soil have some white soil ..I don't really know what it is. Is it too much calcium?

Answer: I'm really not sure what might causing your daisies to behave the way they are! Daisies grow best in full sunshine, in well draining soils. To keep them blooming you should prune off the spent flowers (along with the flower stalk). The white matter in the soil has me puzzled. It could be almost anything from decomposing organic matter to some other residue. I don't know if it might affect your daisies. You might try holding off on fertilizer (weekly feeding is excessive) and pruning your plants back to encourage new growth which will renew your plants. Hope they perk up soon!