The Q&A Archives: Quaken Aspen Trees

Question: 3 of my Quaken Aspen trees, the leaves have brown spots throughout all the leaves it looks like the tree is dead, the trees are about 5 years old. Please tell me what i need to do. Thanks

Answer: Sounds like leaf spot. Leaf spots are caused by fungi or bacteria. Brown or black spots and patches may be either ragged or circular, with a water soaked or yellow-edged appearance. Insects, rain, dirty garden tools, or even people can help its spread. Remove infected leaves when the plant is dry. Leaves that collect around the base of the plant should be raked up and disposed of. For fungal leaf spots, use a recommended fungicide according to label directions. Here is a web site that discribes the leaf spots: