The Q&A Archives: help

Question: I've planted the following in a plot of property 11x 24 tomatoes, asian eggplant, poblano peppers, basil, red bell pepper, jalapenos, seranos, habanero, lavendar, orange and chocolate mint, my tomatoes have stopped doing anything, and all of the rest have yet to produce anything. I realize the heat here and lack of water from mother nature fails to help my cause but is there anything at all that I

Answer: The heat can keep plants from flowering and producing fruits and all you can do is wait it out. Next year you might consider planting earlier in the spring so your plants have already set fruit before hot weather arrives, or planting in mid-August and harvesting in the fall. Wish I had more solutions for you.