The Q&A Archives: Grafting References

Question: I am very interested in learning how to graft trees and vegetables. I would really like to become a "Grafting Guru" but haven't had any luck finding books on the subject. Could you please offer a couple suggestions for books?

Answer: Here are some books to consider. I'm not familiar with all of them, but I would imagine each would give the basic techniques of grafting. The last one on the list is a very complete, detailed textbook--I used a version of it in my plant propagation class in college. All these books are listed at the online bookstore, and I bet your local library could order them for you.

How to Graft Trees : The Art of Grafting and Budding, by Jack Frost Paperback Spiral edition (January 1991) ISBN: 1563021234

The Grafter's Handbook by R. J. Garner Paperback 5th Ed edition (March 1993) Cassell Academic; ISBN: 0304342742

The Complete Book of Plant Propagation by Charles W. Heuser (Editor), Richard Bird, Mike Honour, Clive Innes, Jim Arbury, Mike Salmon Hardcover - 224 pages (September 1997)
Taunton Pr; ISBN: 1561582344

Taylor's Easy Plant Propagation by Nancy J. Ondra, Barbara Ellis Paperback (May 1998)
Houghton Mifflin Co (Pap); ISBN: 0395862957

Plant Propagation : Principles and Practices by Hudson Thomas Hartmann (Contributor), Dale E. Kester, Fred T., Jr. Davies Hardcover - 912 pages 6th edition (January 1997) Prentice Hall; ISBN: 0132061031