The Q&A Archives: Peace Lily

Question: I bought this plant about two weeks ago. It gets indirect light about 9 hours per day. Was beautiful first week, then some of the leaves yellowed and all are drooping, yet the moisture meter said all along the level was fine. Any ideas?

Answer: Peace lilies generally grow well in Florida. They prefer rich, well-drained soils that are relatively acidic. It favors warm temperatures and should be fertilized every 4 weeks during the growing season to maintain a dark green foliage color. If you planted yours in the garden it may simply be showing some signs of transplant stress. If you still have it in the nursery pot rather than in the ground it may be getting too much water. Wish I had more sugestions for you!