The Q&A Archives: Elephant Ears are poison to children

Question: Why is this not labeled on the plants being sold.We had an inccident were the child suffered extreme pain in his hands and fingers for 2 days. He also had some paralysis, why dont more people know of this?

Answer: I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience with your Elephant Ears. It's always a good idea to teach children to look but not touch houseplants and garden plants. There are several lists of toxic plants and most Children's Hospitals and Pediatricians can make these available to you. Here are a few resources for you:

« Click to go to the homepage

» Ask a question of your own

Q&A Library Searching Tips

  • When singular and plural spellings differ, as in peony and peonies, try both.
  • Search terms are not case sensitive.

Today's site banner is by cocoajuno and is called "Here's looking at you."