The Q&A Archives: Pecimon tree care

Question: I planted a pecimon tree 2 month ago and came with a 2 gallon pot and 10 fruits. Now the fruits are bigger and turning a little red bot the leaves are mostly burned at the tips and do not look healthy. I had put some fertilizers on a month ago but not for a while. It has been watered once a day, The weather is hot lately. How do keep it healthy? More water or more fertilizers?

Answer: Sounds like the fruits of your Persimmon tree are nearly ripe! They can be harvested when they are fully colored and just barely soft. The browning leaf tips can indicate over fertilization or over watering. I suspect if you are watering every day you are stressing your tree. Although the weather is hot, the roots are down in the cool soil and won't be as affected as you might think. Instead of daily watering, which can force oxygen out of the soil and actually suffocate roots, try watering deeply twice a week. As the weather cools, water only once a week. Good luck with your tree!