Question: I have an area on my lawn which stays wet all the time. We recently had our yard redone due to construction and I reseeded the yard but this one area still stays very wet even puddles are very present. What can I do?

Answer: I'm not sure why only one area of your lawn remains wet. There's some compacted soil a few feet down or the slope is such that everything puddles there. You may need to install a curtain drain to redirect the water so the area drains well. A curtain drain is simply a trench filled with gravel and topped with sand. Grass will grow over the top of the curtain drain but you'll first have to determine just where the water is coming from before you can redirect it. You might want to dig down in the area to figure out whether or not there's a layer of clay or other obstruction. The cure is really beyond the scope of this gardening forum but at least we've shared a few ideas. You may be able to get further direction from your local cooperative extension office: 305 Skiff Street, North Haven, CT 06473-4451, phone (203) 407-3161.