Answer: I suspect your stand of english ivy is suffering from bacterial leaf spot which is common during hot, humid summers (just the type you are experiencing in your area!). This bacteria can spread via splashing water, either through rainfall or your water hose. First, I would cut off all dead leaves that remain on the plant (probably a big task, I know). Throw them out or burn them, do not compost them. After that, spray your ivy with a fungicide such as Soap Shield (available from Gardens Alive! at 812-537-8650). Remember to avoid watering your ivy at night (and other plants as well....stick to morning waterings whenever possible).
Q&A Library Searching Tips