The Q&A Archives: lawn care, zone 7 TN

Question: Read lawn care article-am confused. For zone 7, TN:

Fertilize or not this fall?

Overseeding w/rye grass, can this be done on zoysia?

Grubs everywhere,planters, lawn, what can I use now? I have used grub control this summer already. Can I use it again?

The lawn care article says don't use fertilizer 20' of well. Our well is in front yard. I can't fertilize plants/lawn?

Answer: Bermuda is usually the turf type overseeded with rye. If you have zoysia, don't overseed. Don't feed, either. Wait until spring to feed. Grubs are usually treated in August when they are close to the surface. You can apply Bayer's Season Long Grub Control now and again in the spring. Fertilizer can leach down into the well water which is why we caution against using granular fertilizer near a well. You can safely use a water soluable fertilizer from a hose end sprayer (such as Miracle Gro). Hope this answers all your questions!