The Q&A Archives: yellow jackets

Question: I got stung 5 times last week I manage to get rid of one nest but now have another. how do I get rid of them I have hornet and wasp spray but they are stubborn

Answer: Sometimes the best way to deal with a wasp's nest is just to leave it alone. The wasps will be gone by the end of the summer and over the winter months you can knock it down from the tree. An alternative is to have it removed professionally. Or, if you are very courageous you can remove it yourself. Wait until nighttime when the wasps are all at home. Very carefully surround the nest by enclosing it in a black plastic bag, twisting the top closed as you pull it down. The wasps will be trapped in the bag. I'd vote for leaving it alone for now and removing it this winter!