The Q&A Archives: Where To Find Cannas

Question: I would like to incorporate cannas into my landscape, more specifically the dark, bronze-leaved variety. I believe the variety I am looking for is "Mohawk." I have searched many of the local nurseries to find specimens, but to no avail. If you could offer me suggestions of where to order the "Mohawk" variety or other bronze-cannas it would be greatly appreciated.

Answer: Van Bourgondien offers 'Red King Humbert', 'Ambassador', 'Pink Futurity' (dwarf variety) and 'Wyoming'' all bronzed leaf varieties of canna but no 'Mohawk'. You can reach them at 1-800-622-9997. Some leads on Mohawk if you don't like these could be:

Mellinger's, Inc. 2310 W. South Range Rd. North Lima, OH 44452-9731 800-321-7444
Park Seed ph. 864-223-7333, Geo. W. Park Seed Co., Inc., 1 Parkton Avenue, Greenwood, SC 29647-0001.