The Q&A Archives: Searching for "Chocolate Soldier" Plant

Question: My wife once had a plant. While she was out of town, the person caring for the house managed to kill the plant. She has since searched for a replacement but has been unable to find one. She refers to it as a chocolate soldier. It was a viney plant withvarigated slightly fuzzy leaves that would occasionally bloom 1/2 - 1 inch red-orange blossoms. I was wondering if this is the proper name and if you would have any idea where to find one? Tim Jackson Acworth, GA

Answer: I'm sorry to hear your wives' plant died. I don't know of a plant named "chocolate soldier", but perhaps a local nurseryman or florist that sells houseplants would know it? Also, check with your Master Gardeners at the local County Extension Service( 528-2464).