The Q&A Archives: Identifying an Herb

Question: I am looking for the possible name of the herb . Here is the closest description that I can get: It's maybe a little taller than a knee height, has a tri-shaped leaves and blooms in July-August with yellow flowers. If you break a stem it has a yellow, almost orange juice. It's used to treat skin problems like white moles and other. If you have any idea when can I find the herb or at least its name please let me know.

Answer: You may be thinking of Jewelweed, one of the forms of impatiens which grow wild. It is occasionally mentioned as a topical remedy for allergic reactions to posion ivy (Rhus) and in some parts of the world the juice is used as a dye, however I am not aware of it being used for a range of skin problems.