The Q&A Archives: Hot Green Italian Peppers

Question: I just got back from Naples, Italy. We had some hot green peppers that were sauteeed with tomatoes and garlic that were really good. I have tried to but them in them here and can't seem to find them. I have tried serrano and jalopeno but they are not them. My boyfriend's Mother - who is from Naples - tells me that she has been looking for years and can't find then here. Of course I don't know what they are called but they look like a serrano but have a meatier skin like a jalepano. I was hoping I could grow them here - can you help me?

Answer: Here's a source of peppers - hundreds of peppers - with descriptions for all. Hope the one you're looking for is in their catalog! Contact The Pepper Gal, P. O. Box 23006, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33307-3006. Phone (954) 537-5540. Good luck with your search!

Today's site banner is by Baja_Costero and is called "Agave"