The Q&A Archives: Floral Arrangement Eucalyptus

Question: I would like to know where I can obtain seeds for eucalyptus so the I can plant it in my garden. I know that there are a lot of eucalyptus plants but I am referring to the ones that has a high scent and most florists carry them.

Answer: Eucalyptus trees, native to Tasmania and Australia, are most commonly found in landscapes of California and other mild, dry climates. They can be purchased from, Forest Farm 990 Tetherow Rd. Williams, OR 97544-9599 541-846-7269 541-846-6963. I don't think this is suitable for your climate, but I also don't think this is what you are looking for - just thought I would include it in case I was mistaken. I believe you are looking for Eucalyptus cinerea 'Pendula' or, "Silver Dollar Eucalyptus". This is the one I see used most commonly in floral arrangements. It is a tender perennial, and needs to be overwintered indoors in zone 5 and below. You can obtain it from Richter's at, or, ph. 905-640-6677.