Killing Off an Invasive Plant: Round up is terrible stuff!

Views: 261, Replies: 0 » Jump to the end
Killing Off an Invasive Plant

By flaflwrgrl
November 30, 2012

If you have an especially invasive plant that is large and you want to get rid of it, you can cut it back to 3 or 4 feet. Drill holes 2 or 3 inches straight down into the cut stems, then pour Roundup into the holes. The plant will take the poison internally and it will kill any suckers as well. You may wish to refill the holes after about 12 hours. Please be sure to cover each filled stem with tin foil secured with a twist tie, so our lizard and insect friends don't get into the poison. I had a Shooting Star Clerodendrum that I had to treat this way. It was sending suckers out 30 feet away!

[View the item] Give a thumbs up

Name: Melissa E. Keyes
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands
Zone 11+
Charter ATP Member
Image
coconut
Dec 16, 2014 9:41 AM CST
It is a poison, and I know the ads say as bad for you as salt, which causes heart disease, high blood pressure and strokes. Glyphospate, the main ingredient, causes kidney damage. Does it have an odor? You're breathing the fumes. Any that gets on your skin is absorbed. It goes into the roots of plants, and poisons the soil. It reactivates every time it rains.

BAD STUFF! Don't believe me? Do a google search, Effects of Round Up. Here's just one of many---


...destruction of red blood cells, lung dysfunction, low blood pressure, kidney damage, erosion of gastrointestinal tract, dizziness, fever, and nausea.[2],[3],[4]

http://www.sierraclub.ca/national/programs/health-environmen...

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Killing Off an Invasive Plant
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Today's site banner is by dirtdorphins and is called "Dianthus 'Nyewood Cream'"