Plant and Seed Trading forum: Seeds For Trade!!!!!!

Views: 1121, Replies: 17 » Jump to the end
Name: Matt R
North Houston
mreaves311
Nov 28, 2015 5:31 PM CST
Ornamental Pepper Seeds
1. Black Pearl (50 Available)
2. Medusa (50 Available)

Pepper Seeds
1.Orange Habanero (Couple Hundred Available)
2.Chocolate Bhut (Couple Hundred Available)
3.Jalapeno (Couple Hundred Available)
4.Carolina Reaper (Couple Hundred Available)
5.Red Brain Strain (Couple Hundred Available)

Sundew Seeds
1. Drosera Intermedia (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)
2. Drosera Spatulata (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)
3. Drosea Tokaiensis (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)

Random Seeds
White and Yellow Angel Trumpet Brugmansia (Hundreds of Seeds Available for each)
Althea Officinalis (50 Seeds Available)


All seeds from this year!


Will trade for almost anything. Really looking for different Sundews...Nepenthes... Venus Fly Traps ...Anything carnivorous but will think about all trades.

Thanks and have a good day




Matt R
Name: Dnd
SE Michigan (Zone 6a)
Dog Lover Daylilies Organic Gardener Houseplants Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 1
I helped beta test the first seed swap
Image
DogsNDaylilies
Dec 17, 2015 6:11 AM CST
mreaves311 said:Ornamental Pepper Seeds
1. Black Pearl (50 Available)
2. Medusa (50 Available)

Pepper Seeds
1.Orange Habanero (Couple Hundred Available)
2.Chocolate Bhut (Couple Hundred Available)
3.Jalapeno (Couple Hundred Available)
4.Carolina Reaper (Couple Hundred Available)
5.Red Brain Strain (Couple Hundred Available)

Sundew Seeds
1. Drosera Intermedia (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)
2. Drosera Spatulata (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)
3. Drosea Tokaiensis (??? Too Small To Count...50 or More)

Random Seeds
White and Yellow Angel Trumpet Brugmansia (Hundreds of Seeds Available for each)
Althea Officinalis (50 Seeds Available)


All seeds from this year!


Will trade for almost anything. Really looking for different Sundews...Nepenthes... Venus Fly Traps ...Anything carnivorous but will think about all trades.

Thanks and have a good day






Man, you're making me wish I had collected the seeds from my Venus fly trap this year! I gave it away, too, once I brought it inside because it didn't seem to like the water at my house (likely the potassium chloride from the water softener).

I do have other seeds for trade, though, if you wanted to join the seed trade (DnD's All Seeds Swap) that I'm hosting. There are already a lot of good items up for trade if you wanted to join!:
http://garden.org/apps/swap//
Name: Suga
Coastal South Carolina (Zone 8b)
Bee Lover Garden Ideas: Master Level
Image
Suga
Dec 27, 2015 10:33 PM CST
I have some seeds from my purple and white angel trumpet if you want to trade me some of your yellow and white. Donna
Thumb of 2015-12-28/Suga/c57e7c
Thumb of 2015-12-28/Suga/7f23fb
Thumb of 2015-12-28/Suga/a7085d
Thumb of 2015-12-28/Suga/71bba6

Name: Sandy B.
Ford River, Michigan UP (Zone 4b)
(Zone 4b-maybe 5a)
Charter ATP Member Celebrating Gardening: 2015 I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! I helped beta test the first seed swap Region: United States of America Region: Michigan
Seed Starter Vegetable Grower Birds Butterflies Dog Lover Cat Lover
Image
Weedwhacker
Dec 27, 2015 11:17 PM CST
I would definitely recommend joining one of the current seed swaps... I think they are all just "recruiting members" at this point, the actual swapping will start soon. That way you are exchanging seeds with multiple people and just mailing one time. As a member of the beta test swap I highly recommend giving it a try! Thumbs up
"Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained."
- John Powell / Cubits.org - A Universe of Communities
/ Share your recipes: Favorite Recipes A-Z cubit
C/F temp conversion / NGA Member Map
Name: David Laderoute
Zone 5B/6 - NW MO (Zone 5b)
Ignoring Zones altogether
Seed Starter Avid Green Pages Reviewer Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
DavidLMO
Dec 28, 2015 11:38 PM CST
Suga - Those are Devils Trumpet - Datura I believe. Not Angel's trumpet - Brugmansia.
Seeking Feng Shui with my plants since 1976
Name: Jay
Nederland, Texas (Zone 9a)
Region: Texas Region: Gulf Coast Charter ATP Member I helped beta test the first seed swap I helped plan and beta test the plant database. I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database!
Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Plant Identifier Tip Photographer Garden Sages Garden Ideas: Master Level Hibiscus
Image
Horntoad
Dec 29, 2015 8:37 AM CST
DavidLMO said:Suga - Those are Devils Trumpet - Datura I believe. Not Angel's trumpet - Brugmansia.


I also learned it as Datura = Devil's Trumpet and Brugmansia = Angel's Trumpet. But Datura a often called and sold as Angel's Trumpets, which is why it is so important to learn and use botanical name rather than common.
http://parkseed.com/product.aspx?p=00385-PK-P1&utm_source=go...
wildflowersoftexas.com
texasnatureonline.com


Name: David Laderoute
Zone 5B/6 - NW MO (Zone 5b)
Ignoring Zones altogether
Seed Starter Avid Green Pages Reviewer Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
DavidLMO
Dec 29, 2015 11:17 AM CST
One with the stature of Park seeds should know better. I have emailed them a couple of times about correcting that.

And yes - you are absolutely correct on botanical names. Likely percent of average person using other than common names is likely quite small. I sell at a farmer's market and mention common and botanical names to customers. Greater than 90 + % look at me quizically when I say the botanical.

From my experience over the past 20 years or so since I became interested in both these, I would guess that maybe 10 or so percent of places, web sites, et cetera incorrectly refer to Datura as Angels Trumpets.
Seeking Feng Shui with my plants since 1976
[Last edited by DavidLMO - Dec 29, 2015 11:19 AM (+)]
Give a thumbs up | Quote | Post #1017721 (7)
Name: Suga
Coastal South Carolina (Zone 8b)
Bee Lover Garden Ideas: Master Level
Image
Suga
Dec 29, 2015 6:47 PM CST
Ok sorry!!!! It's what I was told when I bought it. I didn't mean to mislead anyone!! Sad
Name: David Laderoute
Zone 5B/6 - NW MO (Zone 5b)
Ignoring Zones altogether
Seed Starter Avid Green Pages Reviewer Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
DavidLMO
Dec 29, 2015 9:06 PM CST
No big deal Suga. You were misled. Cheers.
Seeking Feng Shui with my plants since 1976
Name: Suga
Coastal South Carolina (Zone 8b)
Bee Lover Garden Ideas: Master Level
Image
Suga
Feb 4, 2016 9:29 AM CST
That's what I love about this site....... You can learn so much along with meeting great people willing to share plants and seeds, tips and tricks. What a great place to "hang out" Hurray! I tip my hat to you.
Name: David Laderoute
Zone 5B/6 - NW MO (Zone 5b)
Ignoring Zones altogether
Seed Starter Avid Green Pages Reviewer Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
DavidLMO
Feb 5, 2016 9:03 PM CST
Thumbs up That and share/trade seeds.
Seeking Feng Shui with my plants since 1976

Joelyboyblue
May 31, 2016 3:20 PM CST
Do you still have super hot seeds, bhut,habenero,carolina reapers?
Name: Jaime N.
Las Vegas, NV (Zone 9a)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Kjnorris918
May 31, 2016 6:15 PM CST
@DogsNDaylilies I'm about to start growing Venus fly traps. Could you tell me a little about the seed collection on them?
Thank You!
Jaime.


DogsNDaylilies said:

Man, you're making me wish I had collected the seeds from my Venus fly trap this year! I gave it away, too, once I brought it inside because it didn't seem to like the water at my house (likely the potassium chloride from the water softener).

I do have other seeds for trade, though, if you wanted to join the seed trade (DnD's All Seeds Swap) that I'm hosting. There are already a lot of good items up for trade if you wanted to join!:
]http://garden.org/apps/swap//


Live, laugh, love and garden! :)

Will gladly adopt any unwanted carnivorous plants or seeds!! :)

http://www.houzz.com/user/kjnorris918
Name: Dnd
SE Michigan (Zone 6a)
Dog Lover Daylilies Organic Gardener Houseplants Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 1
I helped beta test the first seed swap
Image
DogsNDaylilies
May 31, 2016 6:22 PM CST
Jaime, I wish I could, but when it got to the seed stage, I gave it away. Sad I'm regretting it now, too, and have been thinking about getting another venus fly trap and pitcher plant again this season.
Name: Jaime N.
Las Vegas, NV (Zone 9a)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Kjnorris918
May 31, 2016 7:17 PM CST
I have 10 seeds coming in about a week. I would gladly send you a few if you would like to try them from seed. :)
Jaime.


DogsNDaylilies said:Jaime, I wish I could, but when it got to the seed stage, I gave it away. Sad I'm regretting it now, too, and have been thinking about getting another venus fly trap and pitcher plant again this season.


Live, laugh, love and garden! :)

Will gladly adopt any unwanted carnivorous plants or seeds!! :)

http://www.houzz.com/user/kjnorris918
Name: Dnd
SE Michigan (Zone 6a)
Dog Lover Daylilies Organic Gardener Houseplants Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 1
I helped beta test the first seed swap
Image
DogsNDaylilies
May 31, 2016 9:41 PM CST
Kjnorris918 said:I have 10 seeds coming in about a week. I would gladly send you a few if you would like to try them from seed. :)
Jaime.





Jaime, that's so sweet of you to offer. I will, regrettably, decline for now because I don't think I can manage trying to cultivate carnivorous plants from seed just yet.
Name: Jaime N.
Las Vegas, NV (Zone 9a)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Kjnorris918
May 31, 2016 9:47 PM CST

DogsNDaylilies said:


Jaime, that's so sweet of you to offer. I will, regrettably, decline for now because I don't think I can manage trying to cultivate carnivorous plants from seed just yet.


That's fine. I completely understand. The offer is open if you change your mind. Big Grin

Live, laugh, love and garden! :)

Will gladly adopt any unwanted carnivorous plants or seeds!! :)

http://www.houzz.com/user/kjnorris918
Name: Dnd
SE Michigan (Zone 6a)
Dog Lover Daylilies Organic Gardener Houseplants Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Garden Ideas: Level 1
I helped beta test the first seed swap
Image
DogsNDaylilies
May 31, 2016 9:49 PM CST
Kjnorris918 said:


That's fine. I completely understand. The offer is open if you change your mind. Big Grin



Thank You! Big Grin

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Plant and Seed Trading forum
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Today's site banner is by Paul2032 and is called "French Marigold"