Miniature Gardening forum: 1/6 scale Victorian greenhouse

Page 1 of 15 • 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Views: 4131, Replies: 290 » Jump to the end
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 6, 2015 4:30 PM CST
I made my first miniature garden a year ago and found that my wife cant get enough of them...So I decided to build her a Miniature garden in 1/6 scale that would last for as long as she lives..Its still under construction so there is alot not finished!
Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/142cce


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/439a5f


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/ec5bd1


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/78d447


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/4f47ba


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/2974ae


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/057a48


Thumb of 2015-12-06/Shape/647af8

Name: Audrey
Central Texas (Zone 8a)
Organic Gardener Keeper of Poultry Keeps Horses Butterflies Photo Contest Winner: 2015
Image
Esperanza
Dec 6, 2015 7:49 PM CST
Wow....... that is really amazing! How big is the whole garden? Wonderful piece and thank you for sharing.
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 7, 2015 5:34 PM CST
Esperanza said:Wow....... that is really amazing! How big is the whole garden? Wonderful piece and thank you for sharing.


Thank you! Its 5x8.
Pennsylvania (Zone 6b)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Cinta
Dec 8, 2015 4:36 PM CST
Very nice. It does give you more options when it is bigger than a much smaller size. I love all the details. Thumbs up
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 9, 2015 5:40 PM CST
Cinta said:Very nice. It does give you more options when it is bigger than a much smaller size. I love all the details. Thumbs up


Thank you Cinta..
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 19, 2015 8:21 PM CST
Started work on the conservatory today...
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/5e17ac
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/655c74
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/c5a8e2


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f78688
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/42b1bb


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ce39f5
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ce7093
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/349a6d


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/dddd72
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/df7df7


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/914471
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/7be93c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/3b7085
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/27b9cd
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/2a071c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/8624cc
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/cbbfff
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0bf65b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/bd4c57
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/9b5c02
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d511dd

Name: Audrey
Central Texas (Zone 8a)
Organic Gardener Keeper of Poultry Keeps Horses Butterflies Photo Contest Winner: 2015
Image
Esperanza
Dec 19, 2015 8:47 PM CST
Shape you are more than welcome to come put your skills in at my place! Lucky wife you have. I wish my love would be so inspired to do something like this for me. So much fun! I really like it. Is the grass fake? Or are you guys already that good at maintaining the perfect mini lawn?
Name: Audrey
Central Texas (Zone 8a)
Organic Gardener Keeper of Poultry Keeps Horses Butterflies Photo Contest Winner: 2015
Image
Esperanza
Dec 19, 2015 9:07 PM CST
I would love to know more details. Did you make the bricks, pillers to walkway, where did you get lions faces? I am like a kid with fists curled under my jaw and little footies in the air eagerly awaiting rest of the story.
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 19, 2015 11:08 PM CST
Esperanza said: I would love to know more details. Did you make the bricks, pillers to walkway, where did you get lions faces? I am like a kid with fists curled under my jaw and little footies in the air eagerly awaiting rest of the story.


The grass is fake..I put alot of thought into real grass,But I figured my wife would get overwhelmed with maintaining the grounds and loose the fun of it all..I made the grounds and trees maintenance free..The pillers and the lions are from hobby lobby..Everything else is scratch built using only concrete..I also make my own blocks and brick..Here is a few more photos of construction!




Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/8f46f4
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ccd4a1
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0e5938


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/3c19e2
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d8701f


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/be437e
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b8bf86
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b038a2
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/6b2f0c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b005ce
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/e81ad9


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/39c583
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/9ddd4a
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f0f8ac
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b4d20e
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/24cf6b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/4bca24
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0074df
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/cf3080


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/766a16
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ca793d
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/4bda9f
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d1eb4c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/04fa3f
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/8b831d
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/a2cc63


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/eb542b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/180b02
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/34ca58
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/489e22
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f5df1d
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b60276
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/25d74c


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/c33367
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/bf4967
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/bee8e7
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/644037
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/04d5fc
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/e26c78
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/57c430


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/4d979e
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ffb10c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/851094
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f9d9ca
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/5c8903
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/441343
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/aaf65f


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/839ac4
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/c79437
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b65cee
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/cd7b43
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/c60201
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b82bb7
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/66c8e3


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/cddba2
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/85df51
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d27867
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/41cbae
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/3cd1d6
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/fee053
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/1d701b


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0f6d2b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/2f2d4c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/a24d4d
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/6e8237
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ef699f
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d6f886
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/aaa124


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/1bba7e
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/98b99a
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/350399
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f05d5f
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/da5d16
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/661bc6
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/08faa8


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/5b8769
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/e7265b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ed56c1
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/daf33b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f07d92
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/2bbc9f
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/88883f







Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/028076
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/ef4cc4
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/e4ff9b
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/6f4029
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/7a3fdb
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b69525


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/baa8e3
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b09576
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/46dac7
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/9fb7f7


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/26f0b5
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/3303d9
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/6679fd
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/f427a3
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/44dbce
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b85d57
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/89c0c8
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0fc875
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/0b830b




Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/d6f242
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/008282


Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/8265f8
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/b83c40
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/399db4
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/772ef3
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/56e93a
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/1a55c6
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/4b324c
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/8d20a7

[Last edited by Shape - Dec 19, 2015 11:44 PM (+)]
Give a thumbs up | Quote | Post #1011951 (9)
Name: Becky
Sebastian, Florida (Zone 10a)
Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Daylilies Hummingbirder Butterflies Seed Starter Container Gardener
Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Lover of wildlife (Black bear badge) Birds Ponds
Image
beckygardener
Dec 19, 2015 11:30 PM CST
Shape,

First off ... Welcome! to ATP and the Miniature Gardening Forum!

Second .... Fabulous project you are doing for your wife.

Third ..... Sorry to hear you are already married (and so am I). You certainly have some amazing talent and skills that many women would be thrilled to have in a husband! Whistling Thumbs up Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Fourth .... Very impressed that you make your own blocks! Are the trees real bonsai plants or fake?

Fifth .... Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring and enviable project in photos! Your wife is very lucky to have a husband do such a gift for her!

You mentioned that you made your first project (a miniature garden) a year ago. I would love to see photos of it, too!

An awesome job!!! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
Garden Rooms and Becky's Budget Garden
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 20, 2015 12:05 AM CST
beckygardener said:Shape,

First off ... Welcome! to ATP and the Miniature Gardening Forum!

Second .... Fabulous project you are doing for your wife.

Third ..... Sorry to hear you are already married (and so am I). You certainly have some amazing talent and skills that many women would be thrilled to have in a husband! Whistling Thumbs up Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious! Hilarious!

Fourth .... Very impressed that you make your own blocks! Are the trees real bonsai plants or fake?

Fifth .... Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring and enviable project in photos! Your wife is very lucky to have a husband do such a gift for her!

You mentioned that you made your first project (a miniature garden) a year ago. I would love to see photos of it, too!

An awesome job!!! Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!


Hi Becky! Thank you very much...And yes the bonsai trees are fake..I tried taking care of a bonsai tree before and didnt think my wife would enjoy it to that scale..So most of the garden will be maintenance free..She can plant miniature bushes and plants anywhere on the grounds just buy cutting out the grass..I put good soil in the grounds so she could plant anywhere she wanted. And here is my first Miniature Garden.....
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/81086e
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/de4acd
Thumb of 2015-12-20/Shape/a7a812

[Last edited by Shape - Dec 20, 2015 12:07 AM (+)]
Give a thumbs up | Quote | Post #1011962 (11)
Name: Becky
Sebastian, Florida (Zone 10a)
Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Daylilies Hummingbirder Butterflies Seed Starter Container Gardener
Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Lover of wildlife (Black bear badge) Birds Ponds
Image
beckygardener
Dec 20, 2015 12:13 AM CST
That is adorable!!! You do excellent work! Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
Garden Rooms and Becky's Budget Garden
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 20, 2015 12:17 AM CST
beckygardener said:That is adorable!!! You do excellent work! Thumbs up Thumbs up Thumbs up

Thank you Becky!
Pennsylvania (Zone 6b)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Cinta
Dec 20, 2015 3:12 PM CST
I am just in awe. You are amazing. You have spun an idea. I love oriental figurines. I buy them every time I see them in the thrift store. I had some in a box because they were to small for my oriental flavor garden but to big for what you normally see as miniature gardens. If a potted plant looked like it would fit a oriental scene I would go to that box and add one of my oriental figurines.

I never thought of making the mini garden a little bigger. Since we are having a heat wave for winter I hope I find some time to set up an area I had started right outside my back door.

There is an area that moss had taken over. I started cleaning it and caring for the area and it looks so pretty and green. I have some bamboo sticks that I am going to put together as walls and set up my oriental figurines. You have really inspired me with your beautiful work. Thank you so much showing all the work you have put into that wonderful mini "WONDER LAND"
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 20, 2015 5:50 PM CST
Cinta said:I am just in awe. You are amazing. You have spun an idea. I love oriental figurines. I buy them every time I see them in the thrift store. I had some in a box because they were to small for my oriental flavor garden but to big for what you normally see as miniature gardens. If a potted plant looked like it would fit a oriental scene I would go to that box and add one of my oriental figurines.

I never thought of making the mini garden a little bigger. Since we are having a heat wave for winter I hope I find some time to set up an area I had started right outside my back door.

There is an area that moss had taken over. I started cleaning it and caring for the area and it looks so pretty and green. I have some bamboo sticks that I am going to put together as walls and set up my oriental figurines. You have really inspired me with your beautiful work. Thank you so much showing all the work you have put into that wonderful mini "WONDER LAND"


The Official Definition of a Miniature Garden:

“A miniature garden is a living garden in a tiny scale and looks like a full-sized garden that has literally shrunk in size. It consists of a slow growing dwarf or true miniature plants, in-scale bedding plants, a patio or pathway, and miniature accessories where all the elements relate in scale, are proportioned to each other and stay in scale and proportion as the garden grows together.” No where in here does it define the exact size of your garden...So it could be any size other than full scale..
Pennsylvania (Zone 6b)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Cinta
Dec 20, 2015 6:29 PM CST
Yes but you have demonstrated that it can be done on a larger scale. Something that I have not seen other than when you see model cities or shopping mall drafts for demonstration.

This mini oriental garden will look good because across from the moss area is my oriental larger garden. So they will relate to each other .

I have to find something that resembles hostas to match the mother garden. That will be my winter garden planning looking for plants to put in my new large mini oriental garden.
[Last edited by Cinta - Dec 20, 2015 10:07 PM (+)]
Give a thumbs up | Quote | Post #1012450 (16)
Name: Becky
Sebastian, Florida (Zone 10a)
Celebrating Gardening: 2015 Daylilies Hummingbirder Butterflies Seed Starter Container Gardener
Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Lover of wildlife (Black bear badge) Birds Ponds
Image
beckygardener
Dec 20, 2015 8:43 PM CST
Cinta - Please post some photos when you do your mini oriental garden. I'd love to see it! It sounds like it is going to be beautiful! Thumbs up

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us.
Garden Rooms and Becky's Budget Garden
Pennsylvania (Zone 6b)
Garden Ideas: Level 1
Image
Cinta
Dec 20, 2015 10:15 PM CST
I will Becky,

Shape has got my excitement going. I knew my little moss garden would not go to waste.

My Man is facing the area 3 steps on the other side of the walkway. I think it will look good mirroring each other.
Thumb of 2015-12-21/Cinta/9b178d
Name: Jim D
East Central Indiana (Zone 5b)
Seed Starter Plant Lover: Loves 'em all! Frogs and Toads Garden Procrastinator Cottage Gardener Birds
Annuals Hummingbirder Region: Indiana Lover of wildlife (Raccoon badge) Native Plants and Wildflowers Butterflies
Image
jimard8
Dec 20, 2015 11:20 PM CST
Fantastic !!! Thumbs up
In the Butterfly garden if a plant is not chewed up I feel like a failure
Name: Shape
Texas
Image
Shape
Dec 21, 2015 2:08 PM CST
Cinta said:Yes but you have demonstrated that it can be done on a larger scale. Something that I have not seen other than when you see model cities or shopping mall drafts for demonstration.

This mini oriental garden will look good because across from the moss area is my oriental larger garden. So they will relate to each other .

I have to find something that resembles hostas to match the mother garden. That will be my winter garden planning looking for plants to put in my new large mini oriental garden.


I love seeing you excited about building your garden..I feel the same way when i get new ideas...

Page 1 of 15 • 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15

« Garden.org Homepage
« Back to the top
« Forums List
« Miniature Gardening forum
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.

Today's site banner is by nativeplantlover and is called "Bumble Veronica Pink"