Mar 20, 2012 10:03 AM CST
Thread OP
Name: Lee Anne Stark
Brockville, Ontario, Canada (Zone 5a)
Perpetually happy!
Keeps Goats Forum moderator Frogs and Toads Tip Photographer Keeper of Poultry I helped plan and beta test the plant database.
I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Critters Allowed Cottage Gardener Charter ATP Member Lover of wildlife (Raccoon badge) Region: Canadian
Is it possible to have a search box for threads?

For instance, I remember reading somewhere about "sand clay". Did a search and it brought up a thread that was 96!! pages long. No way am I gonna go through it looking for my topic...searching that thread would be so much easier...it would bring up the post and subsequent discussion.

I know we have the ability to "star" a post we want to keep track of but what about all of the new members coming along looking for specific information that we have here in abundance but is buried in many pages.
Mar 20, 2012 10:07 AM CST
Name: woofie
NE WA (Zone 5a)
Charter ATP Member Garden Procrastinator Greenhouse Dragonflies Plays in the sandbox I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database!
The WITWIT Badge I helped plan and beta test the plant database. Dog Lover Enjoys or suffers cold winters Container Gardener Seed Starter
I agree That would be handy!
Confidence is that feeling you have right before you do something really stupid.
Mar 20, 2012 10:50 AM CST
Garden.org Admin
Name: Dave Whitinger
Southlake, Texas (Zone 8a)
Region: Texas Seed Starter Vegetable Grower Tomato Heads Vermiculture Garden Research Contributor
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Region: Ukraine Garden Sages
I agree that would be nice. It's not an easy thing, though, so I'm not sure how soon I could get that in.
Mar 20, 2012 11:20 AM CST
NE WA (Zone 5a)
Charter ATP Member Garden Procrastinator Greenhouse Dragonflies Plays in the sandbox I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database!
The WITWIT Badge I helped plan and beta test the plant database. Dog Lover Enjoys or suffers cold winters Container Gardener Seed Starter
Guess we'll just have to patient.....and maybe not let our threads get so long! Hilarious!
Confidence is that feeling you have right before you do something really stupid.
Mar 20, 2012 11:31 AM CST
Name: Karen
Valencia, Pa (Zone 6a)
I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Cut Flowers Winter Sowing Charter ATP Member Seed Starter Echinacea
Plant and/or Seed Trader Region: Ohio Region: United States of America Butterflies Hummingbirder Celebrating Gardening: 2015
Exactly, Woofie, then that wouldn't be an issue.

New subject, new thread. Please!

Karen
Mar 20, 2012 11:32 AM CST
Garden.org Admin
Name: Dave Whitinger
Southlake, Texas (Zone 8a)
Region: Texas Seed Starter Vegetable Grower Tomato Heads Vermiculture Garden Research Contributor
Million Pollinator Garden Challenge Charter ATP Member I was one of the first 300 contributors to the plant database! Garden Ideas: Master Level Region: Ukraine Garden Sages
I agree It's always best to start a new thread when you are switching subjects.

The extremely long chat threads are fine. Those are chat and it's good (even preferred) that they all stay in one long running thread.

But if you're talking about tomatoes and want to start talking about gourds, start a new thread. Smiling
Mar 20, 2012 11:36 AM CST
NE WA (Zone 5a)
Yes, but we're still not letting you off the hook, Dave! Green Grin!
You must first create a username and login before you can reply to this thread.
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by mcash70 and is called "Queen Ann's Lace"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.