Amaryllis and Hippeastrum forum

ThumbThread TitleLast ReplyReplies
crosses by gone2seedFeb 14, 2012 1:45 PM17
Blooms and Chat #2 by gone2seedFeb 11, 2012 11:42 AM11
After it blooms ... by HemophobicJan 31, 2012 7:24 PM8
What do you do about bulblets on your Amarylis? by Paul2032Dec 31, 2011 9:06 AM5
This years Amarylis..... by Paul2032Dec 27, 2011 11:10 PM6
Pretty NOID by ginginDec 27, 2011 1:06 PM2
Are any of the Amaryllis fragrant? by Paul2032Dec 27, 2011 9:44 AM1
Startinf Amaryllis... by Paul2032Dec 26, 2011 9:25 PM0
Chit..Chat from chefmike's co-op by chefmike92Dec 14, 2011 6:51 PM2
Reblooming Amaryllis by SummerPersonNov 29, 2011 12:05 AM12
Reputable sources by gone2seedJun 3, 2010 7:52 AM0

Page 10 of 10 • 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10
You must first create a username and login before you can start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by bsharf

Recent photos from our
Amaryllis database:

Recent comments from our
Amaryllis database:

Talking about Amaryillis (Hippeastrum 'Red Pearl'), Paul2032 wrote:

Red Pearl is a spectacular Amaryllis. Mine is tall with large blossoms, which are a very rich, intense shade of dark red. The petals are wide, giving the bloom a very full look. One of my favorites so far this bloom season.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Butterfly Amaryllis (Hippeastrum papilio), DogsNDaylilies wrote:

Papilio is a FAST bloomer...I received mine as an unpotted bulb and I potted it the last week of December. By the last week of January, it was blooming!

Edited to add: Careful where you place this, it can produce a decent amount of very sticky nectar.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Amaryllis (Hippeastrum 'Peach Melba'), bsharf wrote:

A huge, flat-faced, true-peach colored flower. Sparkles in the sunlight. This is the nicest peach colored Hippeastrum to come along in a long time.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Amaryllis (Hippeastrum 'Elvas'), mcash70 wrote:

I added ‘Elvas’ to my Amaryllis collection this fall and it sure did not disappoint. It produced two tall, sturdy, 20-inch stems; each stem held 5 large buds, with each bud producing a beautiful double white bloom with raspberry-pink markings and a picotee edge. The blooms were very large at 8 to 9 inches. The blooms had no fragrance that I could detect, but the huge blooms themselves were absolutely stunning! I highly recommend this amaryllis.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Amaryllis (Hippeastrum 'Blossom Peacock'), critterologist wrote:

I've been growing amaryllises since we moved to Frederick, and of the dozens of varieties I've had, 'Blossom Peacock' is still my hands-down favorite. The color and shape of the bloom are just exquisite. I think my neighbor pinned it down for me when she commented, "It's like a beautiful water lily!" It has all the "extras" -- double petal count, picotee edges, white "star" formed by central stripes on the pink-streaked petals. Some even say it's fragrant, although any fragrance seems very faint to me. Relatively small bulbs will put up multiple bloom stalks. Like most doubles, it doesn't set seed readily, and it's been at best a modest increaser for me.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by GaNinFl and is called "Cha Cha Cherry"