Dahlias forum

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
Dahlia bounty by CDsSister Feb 20, 2013 8:58 AM 5
Dahlias by jmorth Oct 9, 2012 9:31 AM 6
Dahlias! by Xaltd1 Jun 6, 2012 8:37 AM 10

Page 9 of 9 • 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9
You must first create a username and login before you can start new threads in this forum.

Recent photos from our
Dahlias database:

Recent comments from our
Dahlias database:

Talking about Dahlia 'Sunshine', lauribob wrote:

This is one of my favorite dahlias. It's not one of the giant types, so it doesn't need staking and does fine in a moderately windy location. It blooms prolifically if deadheaded regularly. The dark foliage is really striking against the yellow flowers and does well both in containers, and as a bedding plant. I feed these with diluted liquid fertilizer in containers. They just get what everyone else gets out in the flower beds - a spring topdressing of manure or compost. I rarely remember to lift them in the fall so I pretty much think of them as annuals in my zone 5 garden.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Dahlia 'Mingus Loren P', LorettaNJ wrote:

The first bloom was a disappointment and I regretted getting this plant. But then every bloom after that was just perfect and it became one of my favorites. Lots of blooms.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Dahlia 'White Rabbit', pirl wrote:

Very few blooms on this dahlia. From the site where I purchased it, and after seeing the photo of a big plant with many, many blooms, I thought it would be spectacular. Disappointing, but I'll still give it another try in 2016.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Dinner Plate Dahlia (Dahlia 'Otto's Thrill'), BillAlleysDLs wrote:

Prolific blooms, big and beautiful!

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Dahlia 'Rip City', jmorth wrote:

Rip City is an Informal Decorative Dahlia, size classified in the 4 to 6 inch range (BB). The color presentation can be deceptive, sometimes it appeared near-black, other times a reddish-black. Plant grew to about four and a half or five feet tall. My plant wasn't overzealous in bloom production. Overwinter storage required digging the tuber up, drying it out up side down, and then putting it into a neutral medium in the basement till the following spring.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by bootandall and is called "Fairy Rose Spekren"