Forums→Daylilies

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
[Sticky] -- "Want List" for Spring 2022 by Arainais Jan 12, 2022 3:13 PM 44
[Sticky] -- Daylily Classifieds.. ****UPDATED**** 1/4/2022 by Char Sep 6, 2014 9:24 AM 0
OT ~ The Porch Swing ~ Winter 2021/2022 by Char Jan 26, 2022 1:54 PM 559
suggestions for best "white" daylily? by agardenofdreams Jan 26, 2022 1:51 PM 47
Weather In Your Garden ~ Winter 2021/2022 by Char Jan 26, 2022 1:43 PM 574
Daylily of the Day: Captain Noodles by beckygardener Jan 26, 2022 8:33 AM 2
New Richard Howard website up by robinjoy Jan 25, 2022 6:21 PM 4
2022 What's on Your List by Legalily Jan 25, 2022 3:14 PM 228
This is an Ask NGA question! Daylily by Jmarlened Jan 25, 2022 2:09 PM 8
Charlotte's International Garden of the Week by Char Jan 24, 2022 5:48 PM 27
Flower Size Registrations by admmad Jan 24, 2022 2:37 PM 16
How to make room for the next batch. by bobjax Jan 24, 2022 1:50 PM 17
Parents, kids, and siblings by Lyshack Jan 24, 2022 8:46 AM 15
Daylily of the Day: Harold Steen by beckygardener Jan 24, 2022 7:20 AM 1
ATP Series: The Daylilies of Jesse and Terah George by Char Jan 24, 2022 6:58 AM 20
What Did You Do In Your Daylily Garden Today? by bloominholes2fill Jan 23, 2022 3:36 PM 7,383
Daylily of the Day: Desert Solitaire by beckygardener Jan 22, 2022 6:51 PM 2
It's here!! New AHS book on small and miniature daylilies by floota Jan 22, 2022 6:44 PM 2
Bearded daylilies by Terriea Jan 22, 2022 12:22 PM 60
which daylilies are better: dormant or evergreen or in-between? by LoriMT Jan 22, 2022 11:53 AM 28

Page 1 of 239 • 1 2 3 4 5 ... 239
You must first create a username and login before you can start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by Char

Recent photos from our
Daylilies database:

Recent comments from our
Daylilies database:

Talking about Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Wayfaring Stranger'), Allison26 wrote:

Although it isn't listed as rebloom I guess, it has lots of rebloom in my zone 9d garden.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Color Me There'), Hembrain wrote:

Instantly reblooms every year here in 7a for a long bloom season.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Egyptian Queen'), adknative wrote:

I have had Egyptian Queen in the gardens for five years... reputed sibling to Wild Horses, and with a similar look: both top out between 3 and 3.5 feet, both have a very bold maroon eye on a 7-inch flower ... and, without knowing they were 'related' I ended up with both in my gardens.

Egyptian Queen''s background colour is more creamy (closer to an off-white) ... a paler 'yellow' than Wild Horses. It also has 4-way branching (vs. 3-way) and a slightly higher bud count. And while both are listed for zone 5, both do very well in my zone 3.

If they were twins, then I guess Egyptian Queen would be the 'quiet' twin... less fanfare, fewer off-spring, maybe a little less attention. But Egyptian Queen stands on her own merits and is an asset in any northern garden.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Easter Egg'), adknative wrote:

Easter Egg looks something like early traditions of pysanky (elaborate hand-painted Ukranian eggs), without the extreme detail - perhaps the reason for its name. I've grown 'Easter Egg' in the gardens for two years, and while it has bloomed very well for being so new, I do believe it is still becoming established and will be showier once it has another season or two.

That said, in zone 3 gardening, Easter Egg has had no rust, no disease, and no other problems. It's fragrant and the flowers are nearly the size of my open hand. It matches perfectly with its description: "cream self with a green throat and pattern lavender violet eye and matching picotee and gold edge." Even though its blooms are consistent every time, I still find myself looking twice to see that layered colour on the tightly ruffled edge. It's beautiful.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Daylily (Hemerocallis 'Earth Music'), adknative wrote:

I have now had Earth Music for five years - large flowers on about 2 1/5-foot scapes. For me it flowers in midseason. I had to move it last year, it was in an area where work needed to be on the property, but it did put out a couple of flowers in spite of being moved.

I find this daylily carefree: no rust, no diseases, no pests. I expect it will return to producing blooms well again this year, but time will tell.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Red Dragonfly on lotus stem"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.