Irises forum

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
Help with IDs by sgardener Aug 4, 2011 6:21 AM 4
please help by sassafrass Aug 1, 2011 8:25 PM 5
Planting those newly divided or received rhizome. by Paul2032 Jul 31, 2011 6:54 PM 8
Anyone know if? by MitchF Jul 30, 2011 9:45 AM 21
wanda rezac's list part 2 s-z by irisawe Jul 27, 2011 2:41 PM 14
I'm hungry to see some color! July by Paul2032 Jul 24, 2011 10:30 PM 15
iris photos by irisloverdee Jul 23, 2011 9:19 PM 32
Do I need to re-join the Irises forum? by TBGDN Jul 21, 2011 8:45 PM 10
Ads by irisarian Jul 21, 2011 7:26 PM 9
Are you growing seedlings? by Paul2032 Jul 19, 2011 2:20 PM 35
Iris confusa, Bamboo Iris by rebeccag Jul 17, 2011 5:25 PM 5
Interest in Middle Northern Region forum by sassafrass Jul 16, 2011 10:41 PM 1
Ready... by MitchF Jul 11, 2011 10:39 PM 15

Page 87 of 87 • 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87
Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by KentPfeiffer and Calif_Sue

Recent photos from our
Irises database:

Recent comments from our
Irises database:

Talking about Miniature Tall Bearded Iris (Iris 'Honorabile'), SunnyBorders wrote:

Or are all 'Sans Souci' ?
http://www.historiciris.org/ar...

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Intermediate Bearded Iris (Iris 'Bless You'), grannysgarden wrote:

The information about this iris shows an introduction date of 2014, before a registration date of 2016. Is that correct? Can an iris be introduced to the public before it is registered?

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Siberian Iris (Iris 'Sparkling Rose'), Paintedtrillium wrote:

I exhibited Sparkling Rose at our state Iris society a few years ago and won a first place blue ribbon over many modern hybrids. This is high praise for an iris registered nearly many decades ago. It is lovely.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Tall Bearded Iris (Iris 'Pinkity'), Polymerous wrote:

See this thread: The thread "For those of you who have 'Pinkity'" in Irises forum

The bottom line is that even though the AIS description and the hybridizer description do not mention PBF, per the hybridizer's daughter (Sheri Arevalo), 'Pinkity' "sure does have PBF". Per her father, the hybridizer, 'Pinkity' has a 1-1 1/4" "lavender" base (which he did not consider dark enough to be "purple").

I have submitted a plant detail edit to indicate that the plant has PBF, because it looks purple enough to me. (I have it planted next to 'Bloodline', which does not have PBF. 'Pinkity' clearly looks to have a purple base, in comparison.)

I have re-ordered 'Pinkity' (I originally bought it from the hybridizer's nursery, Blue J Iris) and will compare the basal foliage on the new rhizomes to those that I already have.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris (Iris 'Flaming Lips'), caitlinsgarden wrote:

This surprised me this year with it's strong chocolate color and very definite chocolate fragrance! I thought it was one of the "chocolate" varieties I planted in the recent past, but I found the tag and confirmed the name here.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

Username:

Password:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Summer at the pond"