Forums→Roses

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
June 2021 -- Photos and Chat by zuzu Jun 21, 2021 8:41 PM 166
Home and Gardens Nominated to National Register of Historic Places by Mike Jun 21, 2021 10:47 AM 2
This is an Ask NGA question! Roses by lori4_10 Jun 21, 2021 10:14 AM 5
Most consistent lavender-colored rose by reh0622 Jun 21, 2021 2:01 AM 10
Our Roses by Weluvroses Jun 20, 2021 10:56 AM 255
Feedback on an online Rose Order - High Country Roses by Chantell Jun 20, 2021 9:31 AM 10
Roses Two Thousand Twenty One by RpR Jun 19, 2021 6:07 PM 6
Ugly buds and brown-laced petals by reh0622 Jun 19, 2021 3:40 PM 2
This is an Ask NGA question! Roses Turning Pink by ronaldcz Jun 19, 2021 12:45 PM 2
Milky spore and Japanese beetles by Jimneoh0115 Jun 19, 2021 11:54 AM 0
Rose pest ID? by csandt Jun 19, 2021 11:06 AM 1
What is your favorite rose fertilizer? by chprout Jun 19, 2021 10:36 AM 6
Should I let my rose cutting bloom? by Verbannt Jun 18, 2021 3:31 PM 3
The Triumphs and Tragedies of Growing Roses in an Oceanic Climate by IslandGarden Jun 17, 2021 8:13 PM 56
What is "free flowering"? by Aerith Jun 17, 2021 1:59 PM 10
This is an Ask NGA question! Climbing rose by melrkersley Jun 16, 2021 12:31 PM 3
What did I do wrong? Potted balcony rose by terrace_post Jun 15, 2021 10:57 PM 7
This is an Ask NGA question! Rose Archway by hlutzow Jun 15, 2021 6:26 PM 9
Antique Roses Chat & Photos by Calif_Sue Jun 15, 2021 5:38 PM 27
This is an Ask NGA question! Identification of suckers by Bowtrak Jun 15, 2021 11:38 AM 4

Page 1 of 165 • 1 2 3 4 5 ... 165
Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by zuzu and Calif_Sue

Welcome to the NGA Rose forum. We are a group of rose gardeners and rose fans who enjoy sharing our experience, knowledge, and photos. We stay friends by avoiding political discussions, obscene language, and displays of "rose snobbery." Many members of our group are quite knowledgeable and will be glad to take a stab at answering your questions and identifying your mystery roses.

You can click "Watch this forum" on the upper right-hand side of the Rose Forum main page and you'll always be updated on any new threads or posts.

Links on Garden.org
NGA Help & Welcome

Other Links:
HelpMeFindRoses

Recent photos from our
Roses database:

Recent comments from our
Roses database:

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'America'), GardensJohn wrote:

This is my all time favorite rose. I love its salmon color! I planted three of these roses years ago and love the way they grow and bloom. I lost all of them through neglect, but have finally reordered them and added them to my garden again this year. They came as 'own root roses' from Heirloom Roses (first time I've ever ordered a plant online). They didn't look very good when they arrived. The canes that obviously began growing while in the box during shipment looked almost translucent and yellow. I planted them, gave them some fish emulsion fertilizer as recommended, and now a week later they are green, leafing out nicely, and growing!

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'The Bishop'), IslandGarden wrote:

This rose smells amazing! Photos do not do it justice - it's quite purple in real life.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Lemon Fizz'), Zazinnia wrote:

Vigorous grower and bloomer. It's already almost 5 feet tall. Beautiful dark leaves and the roses do not fade.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Heaven on Earth'), Calif_Sue wrote:

This is a Kordes rose, so I was very surprised at how poorly the bush looks every year, not just the blackspot, which I can tolerate to some extent in my other roses, but the rust is so bad that I cringed every time I walked by it. Every year I had high hopes seeing the nice new green foliage, but in no time the rust developed. I gave up thinking it would improve as it matured and I finally removed it.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Valentine'), Dewberry wrote:

I planted this rose in the fall, and it bloomed into December! Then it started blooming again, like crazy, in mid-April.

Good color, very floriferous.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by sedumzz and is called "Drenched Floss Flower "

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.