Forums→Roses

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
Happy birthday, Mike (Calsurf73) by zuzu Apr 22, 2010 9:12 AM 1
extra! extra! read all about it! weeks roses @ costco!!!! by Skiekitty Apr 22, 2010 7:34 AM 5
Well, just a mini parade for me! by emoryterri Apr 22, 2010 6:05 AM 10
Extreme Temperature & Roses by Skiekitty Apr 22, 2010 5:02 AM 1
My 50-cent flea market climber by zuzu Apr 21, 2010 10:59 PM 12
Mother's day sale at Heirloom by Skiekitty Apr 21, 2010 3:22 PM 1
What Can this Be? by melva Apr 21, 2010 11:06 AM 12
best rose on a split rail fence by dana Apr 20, 2010 4:40 PM 23
Boxed Roses by Newyorkrita Apr 19, 2010 4:15 PM 4
Sale at Bluestone! by Skiekitty Apr 19, 2010 7:42 AM 5
Sale At Heirloom by Skiekitty Apr 18, 2010 1:31 PM 5
I am on a Mission by melva Apr 18, 2010 12:01 PM 2
Today's the Day I've thought of for a year! by Skiekitty Apr 17, 2010 6:54 PM 12
New rose bed by clpgirl Apr 16, 2010 8:57 PM 2
Happy birthday, Melva by zuzu Apr 9, 2010 11:13 AM 5
Happy birthday, Dana by zuzu Apr 9, 2010 10:17 AM 2
Happy birthday, Vicky (Cottage_Rose) by zuzu Apr 9, 2010 10:12 AM 3
Some random pictures from my drive into work by Skiekitty Apr 8, 2010 5:16 PM 10
Help with Rose 'New Day' by clintbrown Apr 8, 2010 2:30 PM 2
Three buds by AngelSong Apr 8, 2010 1:11 PM 15

Page 150 of 153 • 1 ... 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153
Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by zuzu and Calif_Sue

Welcome to the NGA Rose forum. We are a group of rose gardeners and rose fans who enjoy sharing our experience, knowledge, and photos. We stay friends by avoiding political discussions, obscene language, and displays of "rose snobbery." Many members of our group are quite knowledgeable and will be glad to take a stab at answering your questions and identifying your mystery roses.

You can click "Watch this forum" on the upper right-hand side of the Rose Forum main page and you'll always be updated on any new threads or posts.

Links on Garden.org
NGA Help & Welcome

Other Links:
HelpMeFindRoses

Recent photos from our
Roses database:

Recent comments from our
Roses database:

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Geoff Hamilton'), kniphofia wrote:

Introduced by David Austin in 1997, Geoff Hamilton has clusters of globular pink blooms borne in clusters. It has a strong fragrance and blooms in flushes throughout the season. Geoff Hamilton was a much loved presenter of the BBC programme Gardener's World in the 1980s which was broadcast from his garden at Barnsdale in the East Midlands in the UK. Geoff was an early advocate of organic gardening. He died in 1996.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Shadow Dancer'), Dewberry wrote:

This rose is impressive:

I had one in Lubbock, TX, where it's very difficult and often impossible to grow things because of the salty, alkaline, heavy clay soil; hot dry climate (in bad years many days are hotter than 110 degrees and the annual rainfall may be at desert levels.); extreme winds; dust storms; occasional bad hail; and surprisingly cold winters.

Our Shadow Dancer rose bloomed profusely all season long. It grew up an A-frame porch swing in the yard, neatly covering one leg of the frame and the top of the frame with masses of big ruffled red and pink blooms, which have a strong raspberry scent. The foliage was also nice and healthy.

Really, this rose could rightly be the most popular climbing rose in the world. But instead it is almost impossible to find. I'd dearly like to persuade growers and retailers to give us Shadow Dancer. It was introduced just more than 20 years ago, so I guess it's out of patent and they wouldn't have to pay for a patent license. Why on earth don't they add this jewel?

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Ambridge Rose'), kniphofia wrote:

Bred in 1986 by David Austin, The Ambridge Rose is a beautiful repeat-blooming, small-size shrub rose, 2 to 3 feet high. The flowers are a warm apricot blend with a pleasing myrrh fragrance, produced in loose clusters. Named after the village featured in the long-running BBC radio series The Archers. I grew this myself in my Yorkshire garden and can attest to its charm.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Morning Mist'), kniphofia wrote:

Introduced by David Austin in 1996 this is a shrub rose reaching 6 feet, bearing large copper-pink single flowers with a prominent boss of stamens held on red anthers. A most unusual colour, the flowers later form large orange hips. It has a light musk fragrance and has a long blooming season. Attractive to insects due to it's single form. One of my all time favourite roses.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Pink Knock Out'), ILPARW wrote:

I have never really liked roses, except to buy a bouquet at a florist. My mother had me plant and care for several grafted tea roses on the east side of the old house back in the 1960's & 70's. I always have gotten pricked and/or scratched when working with hybridized cultivar roses. This line of new Knock Out cultivars has been planted around a lot the last two decades and I had to prune and work with these shrub roses for some customers when I was working with a small garden-landscape company from 2002 to 2018. No matter what I wear, I get bitten by these. This line of shrub roses does not need to be fertilized and sprayed. I don't remember any of these having a good strong scent. Deer can nibble on them a little or a lot. A new viral disease spread by some mites called Rose Rosette Disease is killing off lots of these and other cultivated roses. This new disease must be native to eastern North America, as it does not really harm the native species of roses as: Virginia Rose, Illinois Rose, Carolina Rose, Swamp Rose, etc.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Fall Clematis"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.