Forums→Roses

Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
This is an Ask NGA question! Rose Planting Time by Brudy Oct 25, 2021 4:50 AM 7
This is an Ask NGA question! Zone 10a and 10b by carolkerraolcom Oct 24, 2021 8:42 PM 7
Dig it up or leave it? by LolaTasmania Oct 24, 2021 6:46 PM 2
October 2021 -- Photos and Chat by zuzu Oct 24, 2021 6:06 PM 38
This is an Ask NGA question! Mr. Lincoln hybrid tea rose by annehwkns719 Oct 24, 2021 8:07 AM 23
This is an Ask NGA question! Sterling Silver Rose by Suzeeblooms Oct 21, 2021 10:30 PM 2
what type of rose is this? by martinj24 Oct 20, 2021 5:36 PM 7
A climbing rose but which one? by treehugger Oct 19, 2021 6:59 PM 9
Any hope for this rose plant? by tryintogrow Oct 19, 2021 3:53 PM 9
Native rose on my fence line in Michigan? by frankrichards16 Oct 18, 2021 4:36 AM 7
This is an Ask NGA question! Roses, Roses, Roses by TennNewby Oct 17, 2021 6:19 AM 2
2021 Test Garden by IslandGarden Oct 14, 2021 12:54 PM 36
Roses by debbiemyers5 Oct 14, 2021 12:44 PM 2
This is an Ask NGA question! Rose bushes by Houndds Oct 14, 2021 9:19 AM 3
roses are more than flowers by zylvert Oct 11, 2021 2:07 PM 10
Not sure what got into my roses by _TheZenMaster Oct 10, 2021 1:03 PM 12
Frustrated with the Houzz forums by bart2018 Oct 8, 2021 11:23 AM 6
Roses in Zones 8-11 by Bluest_Snowball Oct 7, 2021 6:26 PM 6
My new Zephirine Drouhin climbers by Peggy8b Oct 7, 2021 12:56 PM 1
I Hate Black Spot! by GardensJohn Oct 6, 2021 5:01 PM 16

Page 1 of 170 • 1 2 3 4 5 ... 170
Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by zuzu and Calif_Sue

Welcome to the NGA Rose forum. We are a group of rose gardeners and rose fans who enjoy sharing our experience, knowledge, and photos. We stay friends by avoiding political discussions, obscene language, and displays of "rose snobbery." Many members of our group are quite knowledgeable and will be glad to take a stab at answering your questions and identifying your mystery roses.

You can click "Watch this forum" on the upper right-hand side of the Rose Forum main page and you'll always be updated on any new threads or posts.

Links on Garden.org
NGA Help & Welcome

Other Links:
HelpMeFindRoses

Recent photos from our
Roses database:

Recent comments from our
Roses database:

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Dr. A.J. Verhage'), Hugoskucek wrote:

Good Morning.
I remember the Dr.Verhage Rose from the 1960s. it was a beautiful coloured rose -- deep gold, blushed sometimes on the outside petals with reddish-apricot colour.
The stem was quite ugly and it had heavy thorns and rather ugly large leaves. We used this rose a lot in the flower shop where I worked then in Birmingham. I assumed it had gone out of production because I tried to find a plant for my sister-in-law's golden wedding, as Dr.Verhage was the rose she had carried in her bouquet. Delightful scent also. In the shop we had to clean the stems of thorns. They were lethal, but I think scraping the stems damaged the cell structure? And left them open to bacteria.
It is wonderful seeing other roses on this site that we used. Black tea was a fabulous rose in the 70s and 80s, but it seemed to disappear from the markets as we were told it did not produce enough flowers.

Thank you for the pleasure here. Dr. Verhage is such a different rose today.
I remember Champagne was another fabulous colour, just right for vintage weddings!!

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Nicolas'), Yonkliang wrote:

Resistant to black spot
Resistant to mildew
Resistant to rust

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Belinda's Dream'), SoCalGardenNut wrote:

Incredibly easy to take care in my garden. It was planted in a tough spot, bad soil, tough corner, full sun, and it thrives.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Violet's Pride'), SoCalGardenNut wrote:

This rose is so easy to grow in SoCal, no problem, no spraying, repeat flowering.

[ Post Reply ]

Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Red Eden'), SoCalGardenNut wrote:

This rose tends to ball in the rain.

[ Post Reply ]

» More comments
Member Login:

[ Join now ]

Today's site banner is by arctangent and is called "Perpetually in bloom"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.