Thumb Thread Title Last Reply Replies
Icon for question_markMr Lincoln roses by Haley838 May 22, 2022 9:09 AM 2
Rose ID by PaleoTemp May 22, 2022 4:36 AM 0
Icon for question_markRoses by annehwkns719 May 21, 2022 7:43 PM 6
Rose Bush by BrianNoel May 21, 2022 11:30 AM 1
Icon for question_markSick or dead rose bush by Kcavanagh May 21, 2022 3:02 AM 7
Recent Experiences with Rogue Valley Roses by JCBodie May 20, 2022 11:46 AM 5
Icon for question_markWhen to plant rose cuttings by Earldw May 19, 2022 9:33 PM 6
ISO Permanent Wave by TBipp May 19, 2022 10:43 AM 0
Icon for question_markFirst bloom by Robert66 May 18, 2022 8:41 PM 4
rose cutting by roses1131 May 18, 2022 6:48 PM 6
Icon for question_markPruning for growth by Robert66 May 18, 2022 3:23 PM 5
Icon for question_markRose pruning by Robert66 May 18, 2022 9:34 AM 4
Icon for question_markBare root rose by fragrant777 May 17, 2022 1:38 PM 5
Icon for question_markPruning climbing rose by leela3000 May 17, 2022 1:06 PM 14
Icon for question_markRose rosette by Robert66 May 17, 2022 6:32 AM 15
May 2022 -- Photos and Chat by zuzu May 16, 2022 9:56 PM 42
Leonidas Rose Bush by fergyc213 May 16, 2022 6:24 PM 1
Is yellowing/spotting/dropping leaves normal? by Nellie923 May 16, 2022 9:06 AM 6
Reviving dying knock-out rose plant by lksedor May 15, 2022 9:30 AM 1
Icon for question_markHow do I encourage roots on Rose stems? by Francesca27 May 15, 2022 6:34 AM 6

Only the members of the Members group may start new threads in this forum.
Moderated by Calif_Sue and zuzu

Welcome to the NGA Rose forum. We are a group of rose gardeners and rose fans who enjoy sharing our experience, knowledge, and photos. We stay friends by avoiding political discussions, obscene language, and displays of "rose snobbery." Many members of our group are quite knowledgeable and will be glad to take a stab at answering your questions and identifying your mystery roses.

You can click "Watch this forum" on the upper right-hand side of the Rose Forum main page and you'll always be updated on any new threads or posts.

Links on Garden.org
NGA Help & Welcome

Other Links:
HelpMeFindRoses

Recent photos from our
Roses database:

Recent comments from our
Roses database:

• Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Ramblin' Red'), Trish wrote:
    For gardeners in USDA zones 4 and colder, there's a new red climbing rose that blooms all summer and survives the harsh winters without protection.

'Ramblin' Red' features 10-foot-tall canes that have deep red, sweetly fragrant, double flowers. The bushes don't need winter protection, even in USDA zone 3, and have strong disease resistance, too.
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Cherry Lady'), Trish wrote:
    Roses are the prima donnas of the garden world. They are lovely to look at, but often demanding to grow, susceptible to a host of disease and insect problems. Now gardeners who want the beauty of roses without all the work can turn to the new Fiji ™ rose.

This elegant hybrid tea produces incredible amounts of blooms with crenated petals in a fantastic shade of bright cherry red. Dark green, lightly glossy foliage fills in the few spaces left uncovered by the clusters of blooms. But good looks are not all this rose has to offer. The plants carry an extremely high level of resistance to both black spot and mildew, making them a great choice for gardeners looking for easy maintenance.

Fiji's compact, 2 1/2 foot size makes it perfect for the front of the border, in a pot by the patio, or anywhere it can be admired and easily accessed for cutting its plentiful blooms. Hardy to USDA Zone 6, like all roses Fiji does best in full sun and moist, but well-drained soil.
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Earth Angel'), carlysuko wrote:
    I think this is my favorite of all my roses. It's healthy as can be. The blooms are literally perfect in my eyes, I love the globular cupped shape of the blooms. I think mine might want to climb, which I'm all for.
  • This is the most productive and prettiest rose in my garden. It's subtly fragrant and blooms from late March until November. I'm in Southern California. Grows up to 5 feet tall, and in my garden it's in part sun.
  • Talking about Rose (Rosa 'Schneekoppe'), niena wrote:
    About the mature size of Rosa 'Schneekoppe', every estimate I have ever seen says oh 3' x 2-3'. Makes me laugh every time. Because, this gorgeous and beloved rose was happy in my yard, so much so that it exceeded its projected size and I was forced to move it to a more open space. In that space, it grew to be 12ft tall and 15ft wide!! It may still be expanding, but we moved, so I don't know. Yes, I am sure that it was really 'Schneekoppe' (It is unique in all of rosedom for its unusual pale lavender color, and being a Rugosa there just is no other rose like it that I know of!)......Some years back, I worked for White Flower Farm where I bought it and I was nicknamed "the Rose Lady" there, because I have studied roses in depth).
  • » More comments
Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )