bag worms - Knowledgebase Question

Nashville, Te
Question by Vandyville16
Have bags worms in limb in walnut tree from neighbors tree limb extending into my yard.Too high up for me to get to, about 14ft.or more.How may I take care of this problems,have planers close by.Thank you for your suggestions.LV

I'm sorry, but if you can't reach them, there's not much that can be done. The easiest method to destroy them is to poke into the webs with something like a broom, twirled them around a broom handle, knock them down and step on the caterpillars. A spray of Bt (a biological control) can be effective when the caterpillars are small, but sprays don't easily penetrate the tent so you still need to break them open and expose the larvae. But if you can't reach the tent, this doesn't help either! I'd suggest you call a professional for assistance. Good luck!

Today's site banner is by wildflowers and is called "Japanese Spirea"