THYME - Knowledgebase Question

Katy, Te
Question by christianelr
I have planted two different Thyme plants and they are not growing well, my other vegetables and herbs are. What do I need to do, they all have the same amount of sun. Also I keep pinching the buds on my basil but the leaves do not grown very big.
Thank you in advance for your response

Thyme likes very quick draining soils that are kept on the dry side. If yours are getting regular irrigation along with your other veggies, or if the soil remains too wet, they just won't thrive. Try planting in a spot that's a little more isolated so you can control the moisture content of the soil. Basil prefers full sun but won't grow well in heat and humdity. I think of it more like a spring or fall herb, not a summer herb, but small leaves are better than none!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Peonies"