Dying Hedges - Knowledgebase Question

Dallas, Te
Question by alanmalinger
My hedges are dying. they have been OK for at least 20 years, not they seem to be drying out (leaves brown and dry) no new leaves. Why? Recommend replacemnts evergreen 2-3 ft high

0

I'm not sure what might be wrong with your hedge shrubs. If they are turning brown, there's probably a root problem. The most common is root rot from poorly draining soils. But the browning might also be caused by dog urine or from lack of water. I can't really diagnose the problem without seeing the plant. Try watering once each week - twice a week when the weather is really hot. When you water, apply the water slowly so it has a chance to soak into the soil. Inspect the plants for signs of insects, as well. Wish I could offer more help!

As for new plant recommendations for evergreen shrubs they include: Taxus, green gem Boxwood, green velvet boxwood, Blue Princess & Prince Hollies and globe arborvitae.

Good Luck!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Orchid Cactus "