Shasta Daisies - Knowledgebase Question

Braselton, Ge
Question by Mybudvalenti
My shasta daisies were doing great until last week. Sections are turning brown and dying. Some leave turn yellow first. They are dying from the ground up. Looks like they could be rotting at the root. I have sprayed with Bayer Disease Control and Sevin. Please advise.

Linda Perri

I think you've applied all the fungicides and insecticides that are safe to use. I can't tell from your description, but Shasta daisies are susceptible to Blight, leaf spot, crown gall, powdery mildew, rust, rot, and wilt. Any or all can be causing the symptoms you describe. If they have root rot it's from overly wet soils and there's usually nothing you can do to save the plant. Perhaps only a portion of the plant is affected. If so you may be able to dig the plant, cut away the damaged and rotted roots and replant a portion of healthy roots. If so, you'll can save at least part of your Shasta. I hope so!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Sweet Alyssum 2"