yellow ixoras - Knowledgebase Question

Juno Beach, Fl
Question by tomegw
flowers are very small even though I have used miracle grow. Plants are not full of leaves and as healthy as they should be? Do they require a lot of water? What can I do for these plants?

Ixora, like other acid-loving plants such as hibiscus, gardenia, citrus, and Allamanda, can be an attractive landscape plant, but there are a few requirements you need to know to keep Ixora healthy and flowering in your yard. All acid-loving plants will require more fertilization management than plants that are adapted to growing in alkaline soils. Mostly this involves being aware of the pH (or acidity) of the soil you are planting in. A pH of around 5 is good for Ixora; this pH is slightly lower than for most landscape plants. Avoid planting Ixora or any acid-loving plant close to your concrete foundation, and screen soil in planting areas for any concrete fragments that may cause soil pH to be too high for good plant growth. Ixora needs to be watered regularly but also needs a well draining soil. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Rose"